Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Less than a week!

Only a few days before history repeat itself; the Olympic flame returns to our neighbourhood! My family and myself are so excited only by the anticipation of the event.
Dad has been busy constructing foam torches for the kids. They will proudly carry their torches during the 2km Fun-Run that takes place in Lamoureux Park (Cornwall) on December 14th, preceding the festivities leading up to the lighting of the cauldron around noon. I am also planning on attending the Fun-Run with my lovely wife.
Speaking of wives, I just wanted to mention that being a Torchbearer's wife is not an easy task but one that my wife was made for, as she is the best supporter anyone could ever want.
We can already fell the energy and the buzz around us as the Flame approaches Ottawa. Local communities are busy planning their respective events for celebrating the Olympics.
I want to extend a general invitation to everyone and ask them to attend an Olympic Flame celebration in their community. The Flame will be travelling through Eastern Ontario on Dec 14th and communities located minutes from your home are looking for you to come out and show your support for our Canadian Athletes. Your presence will help make this celebration special, so come out and join us and come have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment