Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's about the people / Pour vous les gens!

It’s about the people!
Carrying the torch is the official way of letting the everyday Canadian participate in the Olympic tradition.
Being a torchbearer allows for more than being a just a spectator, it alloys for full participation.
As the luckiest everyday Canadian, I want to represent more than my family and friends, I want to represent anyone who has ever loved a sport and who supports our Canadian Athletes.
Not every Canadian is cut out to be a gold medallist in an Olympic sport but everyone in this wonderful Nation is allowed representation. Within this beautiful tradition called Olympics, I am given this opportunity to represent fellow Canadians and I am proud and most grateful to be able to fulfill this role. So, come on December 14th and let us shine!!
Pour vous les gens!
Porteur du flambeau, une si belle tradition qui laisse à un individu la chance d’être perçue comme un ambassadeur pour les gens de notre nation. Ce rôle que j’entreprendrai le 14 décembre prochain, sera pour moi exaltant et me permettra aussi de rendre hommage à tous ceux et celles qui ont des sentiments pour la tradition du sport et qui encourage nos athlètes méritants. Sans plus tarder, faites nous vivre cette épopée!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being selected to carry the torch. My friend (Sakie) linked me to your blog. I am carrying the torch this Saturday in Ottawa (6:03PM) and am also proud to be representing Cornwall. I too am counting down the days! So I will be passing the flame on to you! Congrats again!

    jane - a fellow torchbearer from Cornwall!!!

    ReplyDelete